Electricity was originally introduced to the mass population in the form of a long-lasting, practical light bulb by Edison. In just over a century, electricity has brought with it an incredible range of technological innovations.
But this technological tale is not totally a happy one. While we lead more convenient lives, our modern-day electric gadgets may be silently harming… and even killing us. It turns out they emit “dirty electricity” and electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs).
Many of these frequencies are quite different to anything that exists in nature. As our environment becomes denser with man-made unnatural EMFs, our bodies are affected by these frequencies, which bring about unhealthy alterations in our body and mind and lead to disease.
To better understand EMFs, let’s dive into its four major components – electric fields, magnetic fields, radio frequency, and dirty electricity – each of which affect the well-being of all of us in ways we are only now beginning to understand.
Electric fields are produced when particles are charged, whether through natural friction or through a supply of voltage. Electric fields get stronger when there’s lesser distance to the source. For example, when there’s an increase in voltage supply or if it is close to a charged conductor.
The most common producers of electric fields in a home are electrical power supplies and wiring in the walls. For American households, the standard AC (alternating current) voltage is 60 hertz – which means that every bit of electricity in your home switches from negative to positive 60 times every second. Since our time is mostly spent at home or at work, our body’s cells are always in a constant battle of attraction and repulsion. Therefore they never really get much rest.
Many homes in America have electric fields between 2,000 to 3,000 millivolts (mV) which is far greater than what is considered safe levels of exposure. What’s more, electric fields commonly extend at least six feet from their source – and they can affect us even when our appliances are switched off.
A major health problem that arises from constant electric field exposure is the disruption of our pineal gland’s production of melatonin, thus not allowing us to have deep sleep that’s vital for repairing our body. This one disruption leads to many other complications such as constant fatigue, increase in allergies, insomnia, and depression in the long run.
Magnetic fields are typically produced through electric and electronic appliances that contain a transformer or a motor. Common household appliances that emit magnetic fields are microwave ovens, refrigerators, digital alarm clocks, hair dryers, washing machines, dishwashers, and fluorescent lights.
Bad wiring and bad plumbing can also lead to an increase in charged currents. These magnetic fields can cause alterations in our body and brain’s function over time, as many studies have shown.
Other adverse effects on human health include immune system dysfunction, development of various cancers, extreme fatigue, and prolonged depression.
Radio Frequency Radiation
Radio frequencies are typically produced by electrical charges that are moving in an antenna. Radio frequency is mostly used in communication devices such as telecommunication towers, broadcasting antennas, mobile phones, and wireless technologies (i.e. Wi-Fi routers, cordless phones, Bluetooth). These waves carry information from one point to another, thus making fast communication possible.
Often it is cell phones that can cause problems to our health. The peculiarity of cell phones is that we hold them in very close proximity to our brains and many of us use our cell phones so often. Another problem linked to cell phones has to do with cell towers. Living in close proximity to a cell tower can mean a constant high bombardment of radio frequency radiation.
One of the biggest studies conducted by Germany’s T-Mobile stated that “a multitude of studies found a type of damage from high frequency EMFs which is important for cancer initiation and cancer promotion.”
Other radio frequency worst offenders in the home are Wi-Fi from wireless modems/routers, cordless phones, and gaming consoles. However, many other new devices such as washing machines, electric cookers, dishwashers, and refrigerators are also starting to emit radio frequency radiation as they are being made compatible with smart meters that are being introduced.
Professor Martin Blank from Columbia University has carried out a number of studies on this topic. He has released a testimony to highlight that “stress” proteins are developed in human cells when they are exposed to radio frequency radiation. These stress proteins are released to protect the body, which indicates that the human body views radio frequency as harmful.
Long-term release of stress proteins is linked to disease. Some health hazards of radio frequency radiation (besides cancer) are infertility, sleep difficulties, memory problems, and damage to our central nervous system.
Electricity comes in various qualities. For the sake of simplicity, there is clean and dirty electricity, which are differentiated essentially by their frequency. Clean electricity in the U.S. has a perfect 60 hertz sine wave while dirty electricity is transformed or “corrupted” and has a host of other higher frequencies present.
Dirty electricity is introduced into our homes through electrical wiring but also through plumbing, the ground itself, and a number of appliances. A big source of dirty electricity is from cell towers. These towers run on direct current (DC) but current arrives to them as alternating current (AC).
In the process of inverting, dirty electricity is produced by inverters and is sent back into our houses via electrical wiring.
Health problems connected to dirty electricity include diabetes, migraine, anxiety, multiple sclerosis, muscle and joint problems, and even suicide.
A budget way of finding out if your home has dirty electricity is by using an AM radio. Set the radio to in-between stations where it is only white noise and bring it close to all the sockets in your home. If you hear a hissing sound, then you know you have a particular problem in that area.
17 Solutions for Limiting Your Exposure to Dirty Electricity & EMFs at Home
The good news is, you don’t have to sit silently and allow your body to be slowly damaged by an uninvited, invisible invader. Let’s look at some of the solutions.
Steps you can take to protect your home from harmful electric fields:
- Get rid of electric blankets, water bed, and electric heating pads which are all conductors of electricity.
- Purchase shielded, grounded extension cords and power cords to be used in your home.
- Alter your bedroom circuit breaker to exclude necessities (i.e. smoke detector, alarm, fridge) and then switch off your circuit breaker at night for a restful sleep.
- Hire a professional EMF consultant to give you tailor-made recommendations to make your bedroom and/or home a safer place.
Tips for removing magnetic fields from your home include:
- Start by getting a read on the levels of magnetic field in your home by using an EMF meter with Gauss meter mode such as the Cornet ED88T EMF meter.
- Use battery-powered alarm clocks instead of ones you plug into an outlet.
- Leave at least eight inches of space between your bed and your wall because wiring (even in walls) can still emit a significant magnetic field that you don’t want to be sleeping in.
- If your bedroom is located right next to the utility pole, position your bed as such so that it is a good six feet away from this strong magnetic field source.
- The refrigerator and home entertainment center are often the biggest producers of magnetic fields in your home. If your bedroom is situated right next to the kitchen or the home theatre set, be sure to place your bed on the opposite side of the room so you can establish a safe distance.
When it comes to radio frequency radiation, here are some helpful steps you can take:
- Turn off your cell phone and keep it out of your room at night. When you’re not using your cell phone, put it on airplane mode, so it is not in communication with cell towers.
- Forget about using Bluetooth headsets no matter how convenient you think they are. A simple set of earphones will do the trick. Or better yet, use speaker mode and keep your phone as far away from your body as practical.
- Don’t use your cell phone when you’re in a car or in public transportation. The radio frequency radiation bounces around and can continuously bombard you with harmful radiation.
- If you’re using a laptop at home, avoid using Wi-Fi and opt for hard-wired Ethernet connections instead. It’s also best to avoid using a cordless phone as it is also a wireless device. Opt to have conversations on a landline instead of putting your cell phone up to your head for long periods of time.
- To go a step further you can purchase a radio frequency meter. This will give you readings as to the exposure levels in your home and enable you to pinpoint EMF hotspots.
- To ensure that your house remains a clean electricity zone, start by reducing or eliminating the use of problem appliances such as dimmer switches, wireless products, printers, scanners, computers, television sets, and energy-saving devices.
- Also, it’s a good option to replace all compact fluorescent light bulbs (“curly wurly” form) with incandescent lights (preferably full spectrum) as these are the healthiest light bulbs to have in your home.
For the sake of the health and well-being of your loved ones, acknowledge the existence of EMFs in your home and the significant potential for harm they present… and start actively working on solutions today!
EMF-Disruption Technology (TTAC Recommendation)
17. TTAC recommends the new WaveRider technology
What is a WaveRider?
The WaveRider is a revolutionary new device that can offset the effects of EMF/EMR in your home that may be harming you and your family. TTAC has partnered with its inventor to bring it our audience for the very first time.
Right now we’re doing a special pre-order for those who want to order one for their home.