1. An all-purpose cleaner that’ll seriously cut down on your scrubbing time.
2. An EPA-approved bathroom cleaner that kills 99.9% of germs.
3. A lavender and chamomile polish that’ll make your stainless steel completely streak free.
Promising review: “This stuff is the BEST green stainless steel polish you will find. Good price. No harsh chemicals or smells. Streak free. When I used to clean expensive beach houses for a living, I would require my boss to purchase this just for me to use. Makes the job easy. Perfect little size squirt bottle as well. I will be a customer for life!” —BSF
Price: $13.60 (for a pack of two)
4. A natural and biodegradable antibacterial toilet cleaner that gets the job done.
Promising review: “I purchased it on a whim because I like the other Method products and this one just blows me away. I love the mint smell and it really gets the toilet clean. I had been trying to remove water stains forever, and I let this sit about 10 minutes and when I came back I hardly had to scrub at all. I will definitely continue using this to keep my bathrooms clean.” —Diana G.
5. Dishwasher detergent pods that are chock full of enzymes that leave dishes and glassware sparkling.
Promising review: “I have tried other natural and biodegradable dishwasher detergents before. I was looking for a detergent that would clean my dishes well without the harmful chemicals. I had a full load of dishes and it washed everything well. My glasses were spotless and my dishes were streak free.” —Gr8 Mom
Price: $19.99 (for 90 pods)
6. A plant-based fabric and air freshener that gets rid of the foulest odors.
Promising review: “As the owner of a Great Dane, it would be easy for the house to smell like dog on a regular basis. With this product, however, I have no problem freshening the air and his blankets. This is the perfect alternative to Febreeze (which has lots of artificial ingredients). It can freshen fabrics or can be used as an air freshener with a few spritzes. It has a fresh, springy scent without any chemicals or harmful additives. I am definitely hooked on this and will continue to use it because it is effective, natural, and safe for use around my family.” —Trixie L.
7. A multi-surface cleaner you can use on everything from stainless steel to painted wood to unsealed stone.
Promising review: “I have asthma and reactive airways, and this is the only cleaner I have found that doesn’t make me cough or wheeze when I use it! I use it on everything from my quartz countertops to stainless steel appliances to bathroom surfaces. I can feel safe using this around my family and pets and know that not only am I cleaning household surfaces well but I’m not poisoning anyone with toxic ingredients! Love this stuff and will definitely be ordering again!” —Amanda W.
Price: $13.29 (for a pack of two)
8. A non-toxic spray that’s perfect for cleaning everything your baby loves to touch (and also put in their mouth).
Promising review: “This is safe enough for your baby to eat off after you use it. I find myself using it on a lot of surfaces, including our laminate floor in the kitchen. It doesn’t leave a film, and I don’t have to worry about him crawling in cleaner! I use it on nearly every surface in the kitchen and on all his toys.” —Joanna B.
9. A carpet and rug shampoo that’s formulated with natural extracts to gently remove stains and smells.
Promising review: “After bringing home a new puppy who was not yet potty trained, I purchased a carpet shampooer machine. I wanted to find an organic soap to use with it. My family is sensitive to harsh chemicals and fragrances, so we need a natural cleaner. I was also concerned about the health of my puppy. I used Biokleen for the first time with amazing results! The carpets look good and smell clean, without any annoying perfumes. This even freshened up my wool area rug nicely, leaving the colors brighter. This was a good purchase; I will use it again.” —Amanda M. Moore
10. Compostable cleaning wipes that are perfect for lazy cleaners who don’t want to feel guilty about the environment.
Promising review: “These clean beautifully and smell awesome. Being compostable is a huge plus. I like having disposable wipes ready to clean with, but I don’t like spreading antibiotics everywhere. (Doing my part to avoid creating superbugs and whatever). I was happy to find these wipes ready to use for cleaning, not necessarily decontaminating. Highly recommend!” —Beth Peacock
Price: $16.86 (for a pack of three)
11. A daily cleaner that’ll fight soap scum, mold and mildew — just spray on a wet shower after using it, no scrubbing OR rinsing required!
12. A hardwood floor cleaner that’ll make your floors look shiny and smell fantastic — just squirt and mop!
Promising review: “I own a house cleaning business so I am always looking for the best products. I’ve tried many products (including non-green products in my own home) and this is my absolute favorite. Many wood floor cleaners leave a film and can be sticky, but not this. Just squirt and mop. I’ve tried the other Method scents and they work great, but the almond is my favorite. My clients always rave about the scent and often ask what I use and where to get it. Absolutely love this!” —Jamie Parsons
13. Bleach alternative laundry pods that’ll boost your detergent to make your whites and colors brighter — without killing the bacteria in your septic tank.
Promising review: “I was a little skeptical when I ordered these about whether or not it would really brighten like bleach, but I could tell the difference on the first load I washed with these. I’ve used it on my whites and colors and I am very pleased with the results. I’m so happy I found a great bleach alternative that is all natural, odor free and septic safe!” —HeRos
14. A chemical-free jewelry cleaner that’ll make your favorite pieces shine like new.
Without irritating your hands!
Promising review: “Love this stuff. I put my wedding band and engagement ring in for about five minutes, took it out, and voilà! It was spotless. I used the brush to clean off any excess gunk still remaining, and it came off with just a light swipe. It got in the crevices and grooves of my rings and all the gunk was gone. No scrubbing needed!” —Jessie King
15. A concentrated cleaner that’s earth- (and wallet-) friendly.
Promising review: “I love all Mrs. Meyer’s products I’ve tried so far, but this is my favorite as it is SO economical! I’ve had a 32-ounce bottle for over a year and I only use this for all my cleaning. It cleans amazingly well, smells delicious, and I feel so much better using this than the harsh, chemical-laden stuff I used to use. I tried just vinegar & water for awhile, which is the cheapest (and arguably safest) cleaner, but I could not handle the awful smell. This is so cheap that I will never go back.” —Chelsea Hibbard
Price: $13.29 (for a pack of two)
16. A scent-free glass cleaner that banishes smudges and smears from mirrors, windows, and more.
Promising review: “I have never been good at cleaning windows. They always look worse when I am done than before I started. I tried everything, both off-the-shelf products and mix it yourself ,and nothing worked. This not only works, but with very little effort.” —Karen D.
Price: $9.48 (for a pack of two)
17. A citrus-based degreasing cleaner that’s even better than Goo Gone.
Promising review: “I have used this product for about 25 years and nothing works better! It’s clean, green, and mean on goo. The strong orange scent takes a while to dissipate, but it is not ‘chemical’-smelling or repulsive. I have tried other products (when I couldn’t find this one at local stores) — products like Goo Gone and Simple Green, but all are inferior to Citrasolv. You won’t be disappointed with it.” —Judy S.
18. A sulfate-free dish soap that cuts through caked-on messes but stays soft on your hands.
Promising review: “WOW! After reading so many positive reviews, it sounded a little too good to be true. But this dish soap can really cut through grease, and you don’t need a lot at all to clean your dishes. Definitely not more than other commercial non-natural soap requires. Those non-natural soaps destroy my skin, but not this one. This one just leaves my skin soft; no more cracking on my hands! It’s almost unbelievable how good it is. I am so happy I found this product!” —Mikan
19. A citrus and olive oil-based furniture polish that protects and cleans all your wooden surfaces.
Promising review: “I ordered the Earth Friendly Furniture Polish because of so many positive reviews. After using the polish it is my turn to leave a positive review! I am amazed how well it works. The polish leaves a pleasant mild smell. So far I’ve used it on the oak kitchen cabinets, stair banister, and various furniture around the house. I recommend this furniture polish.” —Palomo
Price: $8.53 (for a pack of two)