Wouldn’t it be great to have a Certified Financial Planner™ for a best friend?
Just think of all the advice you could get about how you might stay on track financially—and how to make your money work harder for you.
Since most people don’t have that kind of access, allow us to make a few introductions: We picked the brains of six CFP®s from LearnVest Planning Services to find out what advice they’d share with the people they love most—from smart ways to help stick to savings goals to how to navigate finances with a significant other.
- Use Gift Cards for Guilt-Free Spending
- Ease Into Merging Your Money
- Be Smart About Insurance
- Treat Yourself
- Draw Up a Postnup
- Practice Living on One Income
- Set Up a 529 Plan for a New Baby Right Away
- Don’t Forget to Save for Fun
- Help Make Investments Mindless
- Make Sure Both Partners Are Saving for Retirement
- Fill Out Beneficiary Forms—and Keep ’Em Current
- Give Back
- Review Your Employer’s Benefits
- Create a Budget
Armed with the answers, you can then sit down to map out a monthly budget that can help keep you on track to meeting your financial goals.