Choosing a tax professional can be confusing. Here are some tips:
- Understand what you need.
- Ask about qualifications.
- Do your homework.
- Get some opinions.
- Make sure the bottom line is really the bottom line.
- Bigger Isn’t Always Better.
- Choose someone who will stick around.
- Use your gut.
- Nothing lasts forever except maybe Betty White’s career.
So all of those tips that I just offered for finding a tax pro? Here’s perhaps the most important one to add to the mix: do it now. Not tomorrow. And definitely not the week of April 10th. By that time – and trust me on this – tax professionals are tired. They might be a little cranky. They might not be so quick to return your calls and they might be a little short when they do. And you would be, too, if you’d been fed a daily diet of tax forms for the past four months (tax season officially starts in January).
From: Kelly Phillips Erb – http://forbes.com